Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Last transfer call!!

So this week has been very long, mostly because of all the stress that comes with changing your return date, being a missionary, and having transfers coming up! So we did really good work, but we didn't see any HUGE miraculous miracles, which can be disheartening....really disheartening, but I have learned so much about Obedience and Diligence this week!
So first off, I'm really sad because Sister Stevens is getting transferred!!!! :( I really wanted her to kill me off, but it was kind of expected since she's already been here for 6 months, but still.  I'm getting one of the 4 Sister Smith's, I don't know which one, but I know as long as we're faithful we'll be eternal friends.  I know because I got a blessing on Wednesday night from my Bishop and God promised me that!!
So, onto my learning the importance of Obedience.  So since I've talked with President Shaw and President Weaver and have changed my date to come home God has opened my eyes to the importance of being EXACTLY obedient! It's easy to be obedient to the big rules (don't watch TV, don't listen to music, etc) but sometimes the smaller rules can be harder to follow (dinner at 4pm, being out of the house by 10:15) they're things that seem so small, but can really change your effectiveness as a missionary.  And my eyes have been so opened to some of those little rules that I have been less worried about following that I don't want to let get in my way anymore.  So I have been trying so hard to be exactly obedient, it's not easy, but it's so worth it!!!! I have already noticed a difference!! A successful missionary can be defined with two words....obedience and diligence! I want to be a more successful missionary this last 6 weeks. 
Well, that's kind of all I have this week, sorry my emails have gotten less exciting....but this last transfer will be full of MIRACLES so be ready! :)
Love you all!!
Sister Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment