Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mothers Day!

This week was a pretty ok week.  It was full of good solid appointments with our investigators and although none of them are on date still, which is kind of frustrating, they are progressing which is good. 
Yesterday church was really cool, the youth got up and sang "As Sisters in Zion/Armies of Helaman" and it was incredible! I've been able to work a lot with the youth in this ward and their strength and power as young kids amazes me! They truly are a light to the kids around them.  I especially loved seeing Eddie singing "we will be the Lord's missionaries" because he is so excited to serve a mission.  He's only been baptized since February 28 and he is counting down the days til he can go out and serve.  It's always humbling to see someone you've helped bring into the gospel truly explode with the love of the gospel.  It's so awesome!!
We also got Tomato plants for mothers day.  There is this really cool non-member husband, who just needs to get baptized, anyway, and he donates tons of tomato plants to the ward each year to give to the mothers, and apparently they're really good plants.  We named ours Eunice, don't ask why :)  
Speaking of Bro. Saffer, he donated the plants, we went and helped him clean up his orchard this last week, it was cool.  We walked around and looked for all the disgusting tent caterpillars that were making their homes on his apple and cherry trees.  We would find them, cut them down, and then I took them and sprayed them with this poison stuff as I yelled, "DIE!!!" kind of mean of me, but they were killing the trees, that's not very nice :) He also told us that we should never trust a man that says the love us because we make them a better person.  Gotta love all the marriage advice you get on a mission. 
This week though I've really thought about the importance of families, and of moms, and of the Restoration.  
I'm so grateful for you guys.  I'm so grateful God blessed me with such an incredible family, and that you are so supportive.  I'm especially grateful this week for my mother.  She is the best mother in the world.  She is so kind, loving, compassionate, patient, funny, well-mannered, etc...etc....etc!! The list could go on for years!! I love you mom!! You're the best!!
I'm so grateful too that I was born in a family, and at a time, where the Gospel has been restored to the earth.  If you haven't read and prayed about the book of Mormon, and come to know that it's true, do it TODAY!! It will change your life, I can promise you that.  It took me out of the darkness and brought me to the light, and if it works for a prideful, stiff-necked girl like me, I know it will work for you!!
I love you all so much!! I hope you have a great week!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!
Sister Thomas 

No comments:

Post a Comment