Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Time is flying

I can't believe this week is already over! I swear time is just going faster and faster everyday.  This week we did a lot more to try and get used to our new boundaries for the ward....it's still pretty crazy!
We also this week went on exchange.  I went with Sis. Langi again, she's Tongan and super awesome.  She came down to Tenino, and Sis Smith went up to Elma with Sister Stucki.  We did a lot of checking up on potentials and knocking.  We also experienced one of the worst anti experiences of my mission.  We were told we were wrong, received our answer for the Book of Mormon from the devil, were going to hell, etc.  Needless to say it was not fun...but it actually made me realize just how firm my testimony is.  Everything he said that he was trying to scare us with, just went in one ear and out the other with a chuckle of nonsense on the way.  I know without any doubt that this church is true, that this is Jesus Christ's church restored to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith.  I'm so grateful to know of the restored gospel, and to have that light in my life, it brings so much happiness.
Also this week we met with the Denetclaw's a couple times, they are so cool! Kayli is really progressing, they're currently praying about a date and I really hope they pick before I go home so that I can be there, they are ready any day, they just have to pick a date. 
We also got to go to 2 baptisms this week.  The first was on Saturday.  It was for Bella Gifford, a child of record.  It was so sweet! She was so excited, it was adorable!
Then on Sunday we had a surprise baptism.  The Rochester sisters had been teaching Jazmin Kennedy and she was wanting to get baptized, but hadn't yet.  Now with the boundary change she is in the Tenino ward, but missionaries being possessive as we are still wanted to count the baptism, so we let them, but she is now in our ward.  She's a sweet girl, she's 14 or so and so cute!
The rest of the week has consisted of a lot of knocking and finding.  We have little to no investigators, and it's kind of frustrating at times, but such is missionary work, you've got to love it.
Well, that's about all I've got for today, I hope you all have a great week! I love you!!
Sister Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment